Monday 14 April 2014

FALLING AWAY FROM EARTH

This work is a little larger than A3 which is a big jump from my regular A5. I also did it on some really nice Stonehenge paper (as opposed to my regular cheap watercolour paper). I like how the paper is off-white.

I spent a long time using my stencil to create every single tiny circle and then draw around each little one.

I used mostly Derwent Sketching pencils (HB, 4B, 8B) but also an 0.5 mechanical pencil and a little HB Faber-Castell pencil I had found on the floor (ha ha). I also used a white pen for some of the stars (see detail) and an electric rubber for quick changes!

It took over 3 days to complete which is longer than I usually take (a few hours tops!).



1 comment:

  1. This piece is so beautiful ♥ Did you base it on an image or do it from your imagination? x

    ReplyDelete